Tuesday 14 April 2015

3 Ways to Make More Money From Slicethepie - Get More For Your Time!

It's Tips and Tricks Tuesday! Here are some strategies for making more on Slicethepie!

          Slicethepie is a fairly simple site where you can earn money for submitting reviews that they must accept, meaning they must be "specific", making successfully submitting reviews quite a chore. The reviews can be on music or optionally, fashion. There is a good range of music available, and they claim to have enough to be running 24/7. You can also earn from referrals, but there are conflicting answers on their site; one place says 5%, one says 10%, so I currently am unsure of how much referrals pay. Onto the strategies:


1. Have Key Musical Terms So It's A "Specific" Review

          If you read my review on this site, you probably already know that I strongly dislike the site. However, I put together a few ways to make sure they don't steal you of your hard earned money as much. They use algorithms, which are very bad, but we have to deal with that to really earn money by making sure to appease those algorithms. The algorithms they run look for key musical terms, and by adding in those terms, you may, if you're lucky, get paid more for your review, and, more likely, avoid them refusing your reviews because they're not "specific" enough. Here's a list of some key words you might want to add (you can't copy paste, this site is so paranoid it's driving people away): Accompaniment, acoustic, alto, arpeggio, arrangement, bass, backing, backbeat, beat, BPM, brass, bridge, chords, chorus, chromatic, classic, classical, coda, composition, counterpoint, development, drumming, dynamics, fills, flow, harmony, harmonise (harmonize), harmonics, hook, instrument, instrumental, improvisation, intro, key, lyrics, melody, meter, modulate, offbeat, percussion, phrase, phrasing, pitch, range, refrain, (vocal) register, rhythm, scale, sequence, shuffle, singer, solo, swing, syncopation, tempo, timing, tone, tremolo, tune, vamp, verse, vibrato, vocal, voicing (Mostly borrowed from here).

2. Write Positive Reviews

          There are two reasons for this. One, by writing negative reviews it'll often not be constructive, as they require, and two, you'll probably miss some key words if it's not positive. By writing positive reviews you'll have a better acceptance rate for your reviews and thus make more money. You may have to lie a bit, but so what? Slicethepie has banned accounts because of so-called cheating or bot usage at $9.50, right below the cutoff. Is it real bot usage? No one knows. May as well try to make what you can.

3. Refer people

          Referring enough people is a good way to make money, it's incredibly difficult to make much yourself, but with enough referrals, say 20, you can triple your earnings, theoretically, if they each make the same amount as you. It likely wouldn't be that effective due to the low earnings anyways but it is good for increasing your earnings, even if not by all that much. It shouldn't take you too much effort, at least.



I sincerely apologize that I did not have any more strategies, but it's so incredibly difficult to make any money there's little reason or way to make or use these strategies. I personally wouldn't recommend this site, I have a review here and you can sign up here, if you want to try it out.

As usual, thanks for reading and I hope you will share this with friends so they can also learn how to make quick money!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty about it all. I'm glad it's not just me who has experienced it. Believe me earlier in the year, it was better, it's only since around Easter. I guess I can do the odd review, but not rely upon it too much. It's bad, because everything I encounter I run into problems, and this was one I thought I'd rely upon and stick with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really? I heard some pretty good reviews before, and upon actually using the service a week or so found myself very surprised that they had such good feedback, because hardly anything I put was being accepted! Yeah, it's really unfortunate for those of us that thought it would be a nice way to earn. It really only works if you truly have a passion for writing these reviews, which I doubt many have.

      Delete
  2. Believe me I'm gutted. I believe you are the first blog to spot it. You'll see their old layout from any YouTube videos or other articles to do with making reviews count... it was plain but it worked.

    I can understand if they want to cut out people who write rubbish, or who don't put in thought behind it...

    But to a degree any answers will come over formulaic, as we all have a writing style. You naturally comment on the introduction, guitar chords, vocals... as you hear aspects within the music in a certain order. That's not formulaic, that's methodical and using common sense in commenting in order.

    I'm now under the impression they'll pay $0.15 per review but won't allow more than about two consecutive tracks. I can understand them not wanting people to keep going at it as concentration goes... but I think it's about limiting you.

    So I'd really have to be in the right mind set to think about vocabulary and other descriptions, how else I could describe what I did or didn't like about it, or what worked well... that is a lot of thought. Whereas I was thinking the best reviews are when you do them instinctively as it is your first reaction from the heart. It also begs the question to what extent should we be putting our minds to it to that extent, as if it's a degree assignment or professional writing for just $0.15, and then you still get an error message. It begs the question to what extent a huge passion and skill is needed for just that pay. They should pay more if they want that.

    I only got involved fairly recently but was lucky enough to get $18 $11 $14 or approx out of it. You wouldn't have gone at it all day like a job, as it wouldn't have paid enough. Reviews varied $0.09-$0.23. The fashion could have been a pretty ordinary cardigan or striped t-shirt. But the same standard of reviews got paid and I could do a good few consecutive ones. I'd say you would have been limited by your own time, concentration or needing to do something else, rather than error messages. All these good reviews you've seen are definitely based on their old site. So consider yourself the first!

    On Twitter somebody said she is a professional soprano and still had problems with these errors! So if professionals cannot get anywhere, what does it say for the average person who likes music and thinks they know something good when they hear it?

    I played the clarinet in school and was in the school choir. In my adult life I'm not a musician. I just feel I have a broad music taste, something from most genres I'd like. I can spot creativity and individuality.

    Before Easter, I'd say I heard some good music on that site, and I mean musicians who stood out to me. I even heard Madonna and she was down as Anonymous. I would have sai it was a good way to broaden your taste, might have lead to you actually buying music if you liked it, following artist on YouTube and Facebook...

    But it's bad all round. Musicians pay for a service and pay for a certain amount of reviews. The reviews go back to them so they know what ordinary people think. How can it work for musicians either?

    I think it needs keeping an eye out, to see if we can make it work for ourselves. Dip in and out of it, but with my hopes elsewhere. I'm now in a situation with just a couple of $ in my account, far off getting back up to where I could redeem it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any other music review sites? I spotted me or two but the music was rare. Plus I spotted one that had the same Slicethepie format within their site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, What you said makes sense and is likely the case, they're doing it way too mechanically and being very inconsiderate to how much an average person actually knows. I mean, I highly doubt more than 1 in maybe 20 people would know what modulation means or what a harmonic progression is. Regarding your second comment, since I have to go to work in about a minute, I can't check if I have any but I'll see if I can find any others and see how much can be earned. Again, thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete

Post suggestions, questions, thoughts, etc. here.